Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wow - can't believe it's been almost a year since I started this blog - oh well. Feeling a bit blue at the moment as my running is horrible. Have a hamstring issue - chronic overuse and a slight tear - and am nursing a sprained ankle - all on the same side - the right. Bummer for me - have been able to get out but the running sucks pretty much - it's getting better, but it's such a slow process - probably because I am still working out - but can't give that up completely as it would totally depress me.

4 comments:

Darryl said...

Hello,
Sorry to hear that you are still banged up. All of those injuries will clear up soon enough. HAve you ever tried deep water running? You can get a deep water running belf for under $20.00 and just need access to a deep pool. It is a great way to run with zero pounding in your body. Joan Benoit used this technique in 1984 before she won the olympic gold.
You should blog more often. There are lots of blog sites. I just discovered the running blog family directory. I blog every day and run every day. Check out my blog, I look fwd to hearing from you. Hope you are back on the trail soon. Darryl

Yuri said...

Sorry to hear about the injuries. Have you tried using a foam roller to work out some connective tissue tension? Also doing some strength training can help improve your muscles resilience. Hope you get well.

Yuri
Interval Training Man

kizzy said...

Sorry to hear 'bout your ankle...Congrats on your blog...
Keep posted.

keenssandals

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that..Hope you could update your blog, ~ marmot ski ~